Once in a while a story comes along that awakens dormant parts of your heart and purpose; Stories that inspire and move you beyond inertia into action. Mad Max: Fury Road is such a movie for me. It’s been touted in the media as a feminist film, and it is, but there is so much more to it than that. Here are just a few reasons why I loved it:
- Captivity: We must be aware of the things in this natural world that keep us captive in fear, apathy, and hopelessness. When your dreams seem a mirage on the changing horizon – break out. There is a journey to Freedom and purpose to be had.
- Redemption/Restoration is not simply in Escaping but in Overcoming: In this there is Peace and Abundance.
- Justice: Study justice. Follow it. Carve it on your heart and let it guide you in all circumstances. Justice protects you and those around you.
- Purpose is Genderless: If you do your part and do it well, others can do theirs well.
- To Women: As a woman, it is part of my purpose to watch out for you – to guide, impart wisdom, to illuminate, protect, nurture, and serve.
- To Men: As a woman, it is part of my purpose to watch out for you – to guide, impart wisdom, to illuminate, protect, nurture, and serve.
I confess that the visual and aural tapestries of this film are not for everyone. But, not to worry. I have watched and gleaned for you!