Once in a while a story comes along that awakens dormant parts of your heart and purpose; Stories that inspire and move you beyond inertia into action. Mad Max: Fury Road is such a movie for me. It’s been touted in the media as a feminist film, and it is, but there is so much more to it than that. Here are just a few reasons why I loved it:
- Captivity: We must be aware of the things in this natural world that keep us captive in fear, apathy, and hopelessness. When your dreams seem a mirage on the changing horizon – break out. There is a journey to Freedom and purpose to be had.
- Redemption/Restoration is not simply in Escaping but in Overcoming: In this there is Peace and Abundance.
- Justice: Study justice. Follow it. Carve it on your heart and let it guide you in all circumstances. Justice protects you and those around you.
- Purpose is Genderless: If you do your part and do it well, others can do theirs well.
- To Women: As a woman, it is part of my purpose to watch out for you – to guide, impart wisdom, to illuminate, protect, nurture, and serve.
- To Men: As a woman, it is part of my purpose to watch out for you – to guide, impart wisdom, to illuminate, protect, nurture, and serve.
I confess that the visual and aural tapestries of this film are not for everyone. But, not to worry. I have watched and gleaned for you!
Sooo it’s a bit Chen movie, got it. Thanks Karyn 😆
Oh spell check you are so tricky….Bitchen not bit Chen….I never bit Chen
You would love it, Carla!
I like your statement: “We must be aware of the things in this natural world that keep us captive in fear, apathy, and hopelessness.” Max Max Fury Road is a film about those who have morality and those who do not. I wrote a short post on the film called “When Barbarians Rule.” If you would like to read it, here is the link: https://christopherjohnlindsay.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/mad-max-fury-road/
Thanks, Chris! Going there now!