Quite often I am told that I look super serious or even angry.
But it keeps happening.
The thing is, I get lost in my thoughts and when i’m lost, I don’t have the luxury of filtering my reactions facially. It’s a work in progress.
Sorry, World. I’m not angry at you.
But I am angry. This one very real thing makes me absolutely livid – Self Pity. The enemy of our souls is setting traps for us and patiently ripping our true identity to shreds. It makes my palms twitch.
This is some of what I have noticed Self-Pity does to us. If this doesn’t make you livid on your behalf…:
- Self Pity robs you of Vision and Passion
- Self Pity disconnects you from your Past and your Future
- Self Pity keeps you in a cycle of disappointment
- Self Pity convinces you that nothing is ever your fault
- Self Pity works in tandem with Shame, so, it is very isolating to you and Judgmental toward others
- Self Pity makes you very defensive and arms you with anger
- Self Pity makes you caustic towards others
- Self Pity convinces you that no one else understands or even cares
- Self Pity keeps you stuck
- Self Pity soothes you not to step out or take any risks
- Self Pity makes everything about you
- Self Pity makes you stop considering anyone else’s thoughts or feelings
- Self Pity destroys your ability to communicate assertively
- Self Pity destroys your relationships
- Self Pity silences you
- Self Pity keeps you uncared for and your desires unmet
- Self Pity keeps you Hopeless
Now, before I go down on a long and windy road of verbal assault on the Enemy, let’s waste no more time. If any of the above things are plaguing you, there’s no shame in it. The longer I live, the more I realize that daily life is cyclical. We’re all going to go through seasons where we haven’t realized how Self Pity has gotten in, but once we realize it, we can take action. Let’s stop letting Self Pity renewing our minds about who we are and Whose we are.
Let’s confess to safe people, let’s connect you back to your Identity, let’s work on your communication, let’s hear what you want from life, let’s take risks, let’s put you back together, let’s get healthy and let’s get abundant!
Who you are, my friend, is extremely important to the time you were born in, the people you were given to, the story that your life tells. To history.
One of the ways I choose to fight Self-Pity is to help other’s recognize and fight it, too.
We get ONE life. Let’s make it count.
And let’s get there together!